Friday 9 November 2007

THE MALAYSIAN CURRENCY CRISIS, HOW AND WHY IT HAPPENED - A SUGGESTED READING

Well,well. Do you think that I am going to suggest a newly published book to read? Maybe later, but this time I would like to suggest you to read The Malaysian Currency Crisis by the former Malaysian PM.



For those who have not read this book, I suggest you to go and get one. It explains what is the Asian Currency Crisis 1997-1998 all about and how wrong the decisions made by the former DPM cum Finance Minister which almost brought us to total collapse.

Ironically I haven't heard a single refute from the former DPM nor his famous threat to bring the former PM to court on the issues raised in the book. Or probably there were that missed my attention. Or there were none to bring the whole truth from his viewpoint.

I finished reading the Malaysian Currency Crisis in one day (it is a small thin book anyway). I had read this book afew times over and over again.

I had also read Anwar Ibrahim's Asian Renaissance. I read up to 6 pages, closed the book and kept it in my bookshelf until today. Never open it again.

The self-proclaimed Renaissance Man just couldn't come close to the stature of the Grand Old Man or a Statesman to be exact.

10 comments:

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

mahathir??do i know him?

east43street said...

aphroditekuzz....
Nak kena tarik telinga budak nih... If I ever see you I will do that.

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

jangan!!!!
nanti i terpikat..i tak bole orang tarik2 tinge ni (lagi2 "orang tua" yang tarik..)
lol

east43street said...

kuzz...
Kalau dah tak kenal Dr. M memang la patut kena tarik telinga. Bab terpikat tu dah tak boleh lagi dah. Orang tua dah pencen dah.

akula said...

HUH?

Cosmic_GurL said...

I would like to read a book entitled "Why Malaysian Ministers are a bunch of morons"...u rasa ader tak org tulis buku ni?

akula said...

CG: Hahahha. Vely Funny.

east43street said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
east43street said...

Akula....
2x HUH !!!!

GG....
The only person known to me with a credential to write about that is none other than my buddy *ku**. He is good in identifying the morons.

Akula....
Strange.... nobody comment about my book. One above commenting orang tua gatai, one looking for the moron ministers and you.....

akula said...

I am neutral ler