Sunday 14 December 2008

INTERNET CONNECTION FINALLY..... PHEW..

After 3 months without internet at home, I finally got the connection yesterday, after fighting with the streamyx technical support for 3 previous sleepless nights. I collected a dubious looking modem from their agent's shop and I couldn't connect to the internet. The technical support when called, kept on blaming my notebook which forced me to switch to my daughter's computer and yet still no connection. I told them that there must be something wrong with the modem for the last 3 nights but they insisted that the modem was okay because 'the link light was stable'. I finally shouted to them on the fourth night that their modem was made in Puchong and I wanted a replacement or else. They sent me a new modem yesterday and when connected, I got my internet straight away. Bravo streamyx for making my life and I believe others also, difficult.

With the internet connection working, I hope I will be able to update regularly, I hope.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

huhuhu, finally!!! ha, kasi update ye, story balik Malaysia. Dah boleh adapt dengan cuaca panas??? :)

east43street said...

Yep, finally. But still with little connection hiccup. Lately I get the internet but the phone line gone kaput. Sabarrr......

oya1605 said...

kept surfing your blog all these months but sadly no updates. Now I know why. I'm using Celcom mobile connection. So far no problem with it. Got connected within a few minutes! And as it is mobile, I get to use it everywhere I go.
....oya

D.N.A.S said...

I feel you bro. We had some problem with Streamyx last year. Whenever we called the Helpdesk, they kept on asking us to do the step by step stupid troubleshooting which was useless as I had done an even more advanced troubleshooting than they could imagine. I had to shout in their ears, 'boleh datang bandar kinrara tak tengok you all punya switch box tu? Something must be wrong with our port.' Diorang macam tak percaya kat I.
Finally, when one of their technicians came and have a look at the switch box yang kat tepi jalan tu, memang betul pun our port was having problem. Cheh, makcik cakap tak nak dengar.

east43street said...

Oya....
Nice to hear from you again oya. I wonder what are you doing now. If business, count me in. Your mobile internet is definitely a big help. Streamyx sucks.

dnas...
That exactly what I experienced. Now my connection is playing hide and seek. Dah maleh dah nak jerit kat Streamyx. Let see in a few days to come.

maszuzu said...

yeah...i got my streamyx after like 6 calls which half of them I prctically scream at them then it took them another 2 months to install it...

akula said...

AH! Alasan semata!

east43street said...

maszuzu.....
Sadly, my streamyx connection has not been better.

east43street said...

akula.....
Tarak la... mana alasan.