Monday 20 August 2007

ASN

It started a long time ago. My passion to invest started when the Amanah Saham Nasional launched. I was in school back then. After reading the benefit of investing in ASN, I persuaded my father to open an account. 20% guaranteed return annually was good. Except my father couldn't start with a big amount as he was only working as a driver. He couldn't afford to invest but he opened the ASN investment account anyway. Probably to stop me from nagging at him. He managed to put RM200 at the beginning. When he returned home he chucked the investment book to me. I was ecstatic. The book was so nice and the paper was so good. The book must be expensive. I couldn't wait for the year to end to see how much my father reaps in the dividend. At the end of the year the scheme announced 20% dividend. My father got RM18 only because the investment was not in full year. I was overjoyed.

That was back there then....

5 comments:

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

How the investment must have grown now. Looks like a good start to your blog. Just keep at it.

merapuman said...

ASN, ASB or whatever AS?, they r still making money :)

Anonymous said...

Exactly where is 43rd Street? Downtown LA?


geenadavies

Anonymous said...

dwa:
TQ. Hope to carry on. Some nice story will come by. Do respect those who can post frequently. Urself included.

merapuman:
Money still be made with the AS, but the return is shrinking now. Am thinking to buy the book by Azizi on the stock market. Can buy online ka?

geenadavies:
Not that far from the Wall Street. In the Big Apple lah. Thanks for dropping by.

merapuman said...

yes, u can buy online from azizi but the sale ended yesterday.