Friday 31 August 2007

JALUR GEMILANG IN LONDON

This photo was taken on the eve of Merdeka the 50th. I am not sure what year the car is, but I supposed it must be in the 1980's. A VW van tucked with patriotic note to it, 2 Malaysian flags on it and another big one flying in it.




I went to see the owner and asked him about the flags. He told me the big one inside the van has dual purpose. Other than the national pride, it is also to hide the mess in his van. Hmmm..... sambil menyelam minum air.

The van has the resemblance of the transportation of hippies to the Woodstock Concert in 1969.



Somebody was born in 1969, during the height of hippies world. I wonder who???

7 comments:

akula said...

Are you referring to me?

east43street said...

akula: Is it a bullseye??

Anonymous said...

mudanya Akula... sahihla dia ni superstar blogger...

Cosmic_GurL said...

Definitely NOT me..im too young to remember Woodstock. Heck! I wasnt even born yet! LOL!

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

me too...
but i love the van...yang nampak kaki orang tu..
i suka..old skool ya..

east43street said...

Geenadavies: heh... heh muda belia.

cosmic_girl: masuk geng adik-adik la ye.

aphroditekuzz: I like that words, old skool.

second generation. said...

i was born on 1968.. tu yang ....