Wednesday 29 August 2007

SUBPRIME MORTGAGE CRISIS, AN OPPORTUNITY.

Subprime mortgage crisis in the US.... KLCI went down below psychological 1200 pts. The best time to pick. Seized the moment, so I picked Bursa Bhd counter at RM8.10. It went up to RM10.8. I didn't sell, thinking to sell after it crosses RM11.00. Dow Jones dropped 280 points yesterday and KLCI went down..... I got feverish. So.... sold my Bursa counter at RM9.95. Real profit 22.47%. If sold at RM10.80, should have a return of 33.33%. Well, less profit but no loss here.

Now....sakit hati time!!! Dow Jones rockets back 250 points today. I don't think I can buy Bursa counter at same price RM9.95 when its open in 2 hours. Need to learn where I went wrong.

But at least, I got better return (as for now) compared to ASB of anticipated 7.5% at the end of the year. A 22.47% return in a week in KLSE is not bad at all.

Say if I have RM100K (hypothetically). The above should translate to RM22K odd return in a week. But............. I don't have RM100K. My real return?? Heh... heh... bole la bawak kekawan open table teh tarik aje.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lain kali sebelum beli share, bacalah 'fainkuntumjunubunfatoharoh'

Cosmic_GurL said...

Oh yeah read about subprime! So many ppl got laid off from their jobs because of it. Scary!

akula said...

Oooo, Horny Bulls eh? good for you bro

east43street said...

geenadavies:
kalau baca boleh dapat apa?

cosmicgirl:
For a small time investor like me it is also scary. Subprime mortgage is the risky investment where loan are given to those with bad credit rating. When the interest rate increases they couldn't afford to pay and faulting their payments. As it is so huge, there are no more money in circulation for that kind of mortgage and they cannot re-morgage as they normally can do. As history has proved in the 1920's, this resulted a world recession. All other markets around the world reacted and although Malaysia is not exposed to subprime, the foreign fund manager did, and they pull the funds out. Our market then got effected. That's the reason central banks around the world have been pumping money to the banks to ensure there are liquidity in their country. But there is a lot of unknown factors and this crisis will hang out there for quite sometime. Hope this will explain a bit.

Did you go for holidays (it is in your blog I think). If you did, I hope you enjoyed it.

akula:
heh... heh.... horny is just for the bulls, not for me.