Tuesday 2 October 2007

HARI RAYA ABROAD, ONCE AGAIN ON THE SAME NOTE

This year would be my fifth Raya in London, again on the same note. So sad actually when calling my mother on Raya eve. She will ask again if I can come home for Raya. And again I couldn't come home. I don't have the privilege of having 5 days leave like some people. So I am doomed here for Raya...tsk...tsk... tsk...

The Malaysian Ambassador will hold an open house again this year. A yearly event that is much awaited by the Malaysian community in the UK. A huge tent would be erected in his beautiful garden. Malaysians from all walks of life will come and I am included. I hope he will call a 'bomoh hujan' because I think it will rain this time as the weather is changing.

If Raya falls on the weekend, which it defnitely is, a huge crowd is anticipated. I better go there early, I don't want to miss ketupat, rendang and all....

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI TO ALL. Next year I will return home for good and I am so much looking to it, especially to Hari Raya.

10 comments:

UglyButAdorable said...

auuwwww....don't be sad...enjoy your ketupats and all okeh... i thot i appreciated raya more when i was abroad. kat malaysia nie take for granted jer sumer..

and just so I dun luper, let me the first one to wish you,

happy eid and maaf zahir dan batin, kalau kalau ada terkasar bahasa di blogland ini..

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

Abang
dont be sad, although i wont be getting my duit raya from you but raya tahun dpn ada lagi kan *sob sob*

nanti i post all the kueh mueh, ketupat, rendang, lemang, serunding..the pix la...hahaha

akula said...

Bro. Salam AIdilfitri. CU here next year.

Suadref said...

Hi, 5 years away from home?
ish. I can't imagine.
Tapi, if it helps, here's wishing you
Selamat Hari Raya from Singapore.

Dengarlah lagu2 raya. At least hilang rindu sikit.

east43street said...

uba.....
Thank you for being the first to wish. This deserve a prize.Selamat Hari Raya to u too. Happy holidays.

aproditekuzz...
Dapat postkan gambat pun jadik la... Duit raya tengok tahun depan pulak.... kalau masih blom kawin..

akula...
Salam Aidil fitri to u too bro.. Bali kampung jangan makan lemang banyak-banyak.... nanti tak larat nak masuk keje balik.

suadref...
Hei thank you for visiting. Selamat Hari Raya to Singapore too.. I have many friends from Singapore too.. Visited your blog... Do come again.

Anonymous said...

duduk 5 tahun lagi. boleh beraya masa summer. best, bro!

east43street said...

x-eyed jules....
Beraya masa summer..... siksa ooooo. Bukak puasa je nak dekat pukul 10 malam. Lembik terjelir lidah nanti.

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Selamat Hari Raya, bro. At least the High Com ingat jugak kat orang-orang kita kat sana.

east43street said...

da winged acrophobic.....
Tu la dengarnya kalau tak ada open house khabarnya sampai kena komplen kat kabinet. Katakan tak buat orang ramai datang picit bell rumah dia, nak lari mana ambassador tu...

east43street said...

wingy.....
Hang pi mana. Hari tu nampak komen kat UBA dari Narita Jepun pulak dah.. Dari Bangalore pi Narita pulak dah ka???