Sunday 22 June 2008

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

I went for a lunch with an old friend recently. Having a good time and caught-up with some good old days stuff that day. The thing that I am writing here is not about my good old friend or about the good old time stuff, but the manner how we are dealing with the ruthless or arrogant waiters or waitress who served us.

On this particular day, not only the waiter brought the wrong order, but he had refused to admit his mistake and responded to us in a very rude manner. I wanted to have my order changed and I wanted to see the manager. At this point my friend stopped me from getting the new order, but he let me see the manager. He said he will explain later on why he didn't want me to have my food changed.

At our request, the manager saw me and he apologised. He even offered me the new plate with the correct order, but my friend told him that we are okay with the present food. Since I was not changing for a new plate, the manager offered me half price for the food that afternoon. Not bad at all.

At coffee my friend told me that he was once worked as an assistant chef in one of the pubs in KL. He told me that he was in the same situation while working there. Being busy and tired, they, the people at the back kitchen did not like complains from the manager and most of the time the cook would spit in the replacement plate before being delivered to the complaining patron. I was shocked. Now I know why he refused to let me have my replacement order.

A lesson learnt that day. Do not let our food to be prepared at the mercy of other people who we do not come to term with.

Anyway, please enjoy this video, forwarded by a friend. You probably have seen it anyway.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyoyoyo! itu kena sound kat azwan. Dulu dia selalu suka komplen kalau food tak sedap. Hehehehe

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

la uncle. i dah dgr trick ni lama dahhh...thts y, mls nak komplen. tapi kepantangan saya no. 1 ialah nunggu makanan, tskk.. tshkk..

second generation. said...

Chef kat Penang restaurant tak macam tu. Kalau ada complaint depa buat lagi special dan bagi free dessert. Kalau tak mau free dessert depa bagi discount card untuk next trip makan kat situ. Customer always right.

second generation. said...

Makanan yang salah tu, waiter tu kena tanggung kalau dia silap order, tapi cuma bayar staff price(untuk cover kos saja)dan dia boleh makan makanan tu.

second generation. said...

Makanan yg salah tu, waiter kena bayar harga kos dan dia boleh makan makanan tu.

east43street said...

aida yurani....
Haaa... dah memang kena sound kat Azwan, jangan mintak plate baru, makan aje apa yang ada.

aphroditekuzz...
Ye ke? tu diorang punya trick lama ke tu. Manalah kita tahu, gastro community ni kita jarang campur sangat. Pantang nunggu ye...? Sebab oren dah abis dulu ke....?

second generation....
Penag Restaurant di New York ke? Woohoooo.... one of the expensive restaurant. Dulu tu makan roti canai kat sana, satu roti canai US$6.99, mak datok mahainya. Sekarang ni ntah dah lebih mahai lagi.

Anonymous said...

What your friend said is true. Some even pun the dirt from their nails or even from the nose. Memang jijik and geli but I saw it on one of the TV shows.

east43street said...

anonymous....
Dirt from their nails and nose??? Tu bukan seasoning ke tu?

akula said...

I did the same thing when instructed to prepare maggie mee by my seniors back in school. Spit, sweat, you name it. Serve them right for being such an asshole. When I became the senior, I never ask my juniors to prepare maggie mee for me. Takut kena balik. Hehe

The Ceramic Designer said...

mmm.. surprised to see that i'm still written in your broker's list!! i'm back blogging, come visit me again sometime..

east43street said...

akula....
School hostel stories.. hahaha... And I did the same to teach the ***hole seniors. I probably blog about that later.

the ceramic designer....
Yes you are still in the list. Will update link to your active blog.

maszuzu said...

bro...being in this industry, i dun even complaint about my drink...kahak masuk and kacau2..eeuuwwww...trust me bro, that's the reality. but it really depend also on how we complaint, kalau buat org tu anjing kurap, sure kena tahap gaban, kalau do it the right way, some do really appreciate our sincerety.

east43street said...

maszuzu....
Tu la, setengah tu komplen sikit pun tak boleh, nanti kena kita. The best jangan komplen langsung.