Sunday 29 June 2008

GOLF, NEVER TOO LATE TO LEARN

I always wanted to play golf, but I have never made an attempt to start. In 2002 when I was on duty trip to Cairo, I met by previous boss who did his best to talk me to start taking up golf. Despite my natural interest for golf, I still couldn't bring myself to the game. Probably I just don't want to leave my two girls in the weekends as golf could take the entire Saturday or Sunday.

But last week for some unknown reason, I bought a second hand golf set. I got a good friend to bring me to the driving range and he taught me and the Mrs to swing. He is good, probably by being a single handicapper and a regular tournaments leader. As for my swings, not too bad for a beginner. It cost £4.00 for 60 balls, not a bad price at all.

For the unknown reason, I think I have to blame it on the Wii console that I bought a few weeks ago. Golf looks so easy in Wii. The girls and I managed to get load of birdies and quite some eagles. But in the real golf, to hit the ball correctly is so difficult. I just learned that at the driving range.

Well let see if I am going to stick for the golf in Wii or golf in the real world.

In the meantime, do enjoy this video, forwarded by a friend, again. Korean trade unions struggle is a weird passion and the character fits that passion well.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Cosmic_GurL said...

Someone told me G.O.L.F. stands for Golongan Orang Lemah Fikiran...hehehe..that someone must've hated golf :P

Any form is exercise is good, even golf.

east43street said...

aida yurani...
Thank you. Can't promise to keep up. Jangan jadi hangat-hangat taik unta udah lah.

cosmic_gurl....
I was once said the same thing too. But I think golf is an interesting sport. Here in the UK kids started early in golf. Maybe because it is not expensive here. Back home I don't think a lot of people can afford it. I don't think I can even play golf when I return home.

second generation. said...

Wah.. kalau dah mula main golf, kira sangkut la tu. Susah nak brenti tu.. Enjoy.

east43street said...

secondgeneration....
Hang pun tau kan. Dulu hang pun susah nak berhenti kan.

east43street said...

secondgeneration....
If you are here, I will drag you to the driving range.

de_merezo said...

Dear e43st,

Good luck in your quest. If you come back & need some "kaki" pls do invite me.

Btw, the first time I took the actual swing was at IOI Palm Garden with a friend from Wisma. He is the person encourage me to take up this game & until today I owe him one.

So have fun & never give up.

east43street said...

de_merezo.....
Went for 6 outings to the driving range already. Manage to get straight shots with the driver. No problems with irons. Next week will go for a short game. But, got muscle pulls lah. Leceh.

A friend from Wisma, wohooo... must be a big man.

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Brother, how's the handicap? Playing in one of KL's courses soon?

east43street said...

da winged acrophobic....
Hahaha..... handicap 24 la, berapa lagi. Itu handicap learner's driver la, lesen L. Do invite me if you are playing in KL courses when I am home.

merapuman said...

i was never interested in golf, anyway ... bila nak update ni

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

ya la bila nak update. makan taun laaa...har har har
janganla golf. bosan sungguh.

east43street said...

merapuman...
Well, just happened that it is an interesting game to me. A non-contact game. You are competing against yourself. The bad point is that it can be an expensive game. I am not playing when i get back to KL. Nanti dapur tak berasap.

aphroditekuzz...
Well..... I miss you too.

east43street said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
east43street said...
This comment has been removed by the author.