Tuesday 17 June 2008

HOW TO BEAT THE FUEL PRICE HIKE? GROW A LOT OF BANANAS AND SELL THE LEAVES

Once upon a time on one lazy Sunday afternoon, I asked the Mrs. to make some 'lepat pisang' and in response she asked me to go to Wing Yip to get some banana leaves. So, off I went to buy the illusive banana leaves, the item that is reserved only for the the rich and famous.

In Wing Yip, the banana leaves were sold in the vegetable section, hidden among the 'kangkungs' and the long beans. Grabbed a packet and straight I went to the cashier. The taste of the freshly steamed 'lepat pisang' to go with the afternoon tea is already in my mind. The cashier scanned the packet and looked at me. 'Sir, the price is £4.82, do you still want it' she asked. I almost jumped. The last time I bought banana leaves there, the price was between £1 to £2. This time the price was more than double. But without the banana leaves I won't have my 'lepat pisang' that afternoon. So I just closed my eyes and paid £4.82 (RM30) for 575 grams of banana leaves.






Back home the Mrs asked, 'how much?'. I replied, 'macam biasa je'. So I got my lepat pisang that day. I felt like eating the 'lepat' together with all the banana leaves when thinking the exorbitant price that I had paid.

But what to do. If you want something, you just have to pay for the price.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

sabar aje lah

merapuman said...

eh, i can 'email' you some. you want :P

east43street said...

aida yurani....
Memang kena sabar aje la aida. Kalau balik kampung pokok pisang melambak kat belakang rumah, tak de harga pun. Duduk sini harga daun pisang mengalahkan harga brocolli.

merapuman....
Hantar daun pisang dengan email... hahaha.... dah masak I hantar lepat pulak dengan email.

second generation. said...

Lain tempat lain pasang,
Lain daun lain harganya,
Lain lepat lain pisang,
Tu dia daun pisang mahainya.

Daun pisang lagi mahai dari buah pisang.

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Cor blimey! I'm sure the lepat tasted great. It better.

Anonymous said...

itu pantun 2nd generation penang tulis banyak kaw-kaw.

balik kl lah, cuti skejap dr jg stock mkt tu, then boleh makan puas-puas. pukul 3 pagi pun kedai makan bukak lagi.

east43street said...

second generation....
Macam macam:
Mancis lebih mahal dari rokok
Tali lebih mahal dari kerbau
Kuah lebih mahal dari roti canai.

da winged acrophobic....
Definitely, tasted better than better taste better.

aida yurani....
Kalau pantun, second generation tak boleh lawan.
Rasanya pun dah kena balik KL dah ni.

Anonymous said...

Sitting just three floors down .... tak merasa pun lepat pisang...terliur

east43street said...

anonymous....
Sitting just three floors down. Haaa..... gotcha. Going to miss you if you are really leaving soon.

Redhead said...

mmm... i really want some now..

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://sowaqewo.kogaryu.com/kyxebic.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://lucapowo.angelcities.com/ipykexi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money