Tuesday 25 September 2007

CASH IS KING

Asian Financial Crisis 1997-1998, I was in KL. Our stock market went down to the drain. Good and strong companies suddenly became so cheap to own. I was attracted to Maybank, the price went down to RM2.87 from the peak of RM20++. What a great bargain, couldn't get it in a lifetime. But, alas.... I have no money. I did have a little saving of RM30K and it was for my running budget, I couldn't touch it.

I knew that I need RM200K and I will be on my way to be a multi millionaire. But I don't have RM200K.

Maybank went up to RM15 after the dust of Asian Financial Crisis settled. That RM200K should have been above RM1 million already.

So I miss the biggest boat ever, just because I don't have that 'King'.

9 comments:

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

and if u have that rm200k that time, u wont be bloggin bout this kan...well, yela orang dah kaya. not to say u tak kaya *kof kof*, but maybe now u less kaya kot and u still kaya la. *im still in the mood to claim my duit raya. saya bujang ye*

-adalah hikmahnya tu bang...-

east43street said...

aphroditekuzz....
Tu la.... kalau ada RM200K masa tu rasanya dah gi blogging tempat lain dah. Bab kaya tu, kalau tak kaya duit, mungkin kaya yang lain kan. Kalau tak kaya tempat lain, ha kayap la jawabnya.

Kalau cukup puasa sebulan baru ada duit raya... :)

D.N.A.S said...

In 1998, the balance in my bank account was around RM200 hehehehe.... Notice the missing 'K' there. Masa tu baru abis sekolah, nak start cari kerja.

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

*rolling eyes*
alaaaaa....of course la tak cukup ni....

merapuman said...

you got that 30K. not enough balls to risk it eh?

merapuman said...

ha..ha..

east43street said...

d.n.a.s....
I am sure by now you have found the missing K. It has been 9 years.

kuzz...
Eh.... macam mana tak cukup

merapuman....
Couldn't put the firm commitment to the risk. Even the balls refused to come out that time. Nowadays, I risk it like a poker player.

UglyButAdorable said...

eehhh...i thot i commented sumthin... maner pie?? now forget already..

merapuman said...

but, my balls wont go out either. keadaan tak menentu, aku pun tak berani, at that time if course but i think i'm better prepared now.