Tuesday 18 September 2007

DON'T BE GREEDY

Haven't post for quite sometime now. Not to worry, I don't think anybody is missing me because my blog is a low traffic in a slow lane. On top of that life has been very busy from the start of Ramadhan. A lot of projects have to be finalised within 2 months. Hmmm... looks like I have to work until 9.00pm everyday.

Anyway..... a little news on investment. Well I have been ignoring my remiser for quite sometime and I didn't lock my investment to any counter since, just to be safe in the present time rough seas. She texted me the day before yesterday asking me on what is happening.

I straight replied with a question, "Tebrau berapa?".

She responded "1.16".

I instructed "Buy all my holding for Tebrau" and after 10 minutes she responded "K done at 1.144". Hmmm... a better price. I smiled, maybe duit raya is coming.

The next day I texted her "Berapa dah" and she responded "Ok 1.12". I didn't get what that ok actually means. Ok for for my investment not going down that far? Or ok that it will go up later in the day?. On my way to office, when I emerged from the tube station, I received a text from her "Tebrau is now 1.21". I quickly responded "Jual all my holding". After 20 minutes she replied "Done @1.22". Well.... I just made 6.64% return for my one day investment.

When the market closed for the day Tebrau closed at 1.29, which means my return would have been 12.76% if sold at that price, a slash of 6.12% when I sold at 1.22.

Well I have taught myself not to be greedy. No investment Guru will recommend buying at rock bottom and selling at the most peak because nobody knows when is the rock bottom and when is the most peak. The return of 6.64% in one day has translated to my duit raya already.

7 comments:

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

Good...
slash that portion of your duit raya for my duit raya.
hehe..

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Brother, teman still holding (with wet pants) a shitload of Tebrau bought at RM1.68. You did good!

east43street said...

aphroditekuzz.... heh.. he... using my own words against me ya..


da winged acrophoic.... I was in the same situation once. Bought Tebrau at peak 1.99 and it started sliding down. Keep losing until I decided to cut my loss at 1.44. Lost RM23K for that. But I bought back at 0.85 and sold at 1.42 and got back RM38K. A lesson learnt there. Probably you should cut loss at 1.32 and wait for the price to go down below 1.15 and buy. Tebrau will easily go back to the above 1.25 region and sell. Do it a few times and you will get your money back. In the current situation it will take a long time for Tebrau to go back to it glorious 1.68 and beyond.

akula said...

hey, nothing for me?

east43street said...

Adaaaa..........

UglyButAdorable said...

mai skit...duit raya..wallet hilang niehh...tak yah lah gucci ker lv..dpt braun n buffel ker coach ker ok gak..hihihiiii...

east43street said...

uba~
Kalau boleh puasa cukup sebulan.. ha... ada duit raya. Kalau tak... tak de.