Saturday 8 September 2007

MONDOK

Since I was 16 I had never been to a barber to cut my hair. I cut my own hair. The fact that I can cut my own hair, my service was sought after in time of emergency by my dorm mates. You see, I was in a boarding school and in every Saturday we had this inspection by our warden, who was also the school disciplinary teacher. We must have our bed tidy with a clean bedsheet, clean and tidy locker, wear national dress with the school theme 'samping' and most of all we must have our hair neatly cut. This was where my skill in cutting my own hair made me busy in Friday afternoons. Cutting my friends' hair got me some extra pocket money that I needed most as my my parents couldn't send me much. I did not come from a well to do family.

I had a few regular customers with different hair styles requirement. The one style I could never forget called 'airport runaway' from this particular customer, who was also my good friend. We called him Mondok in school. I didn't know for sure why he was called Mondok, but all of us got our nickname while we were in school. I won't tell mine, it is secret.

On one particular Friday, I was so tired that I went for a nap in my dorm immediately after the school periods were over. I didn't even go for my lunch. I slept like a log. Mondok woke me up at around 5.00 pm and asked me to cut his hair for tomorrow's inspection. I was still groggy but I couldn't say no because I had promised him early in the morning before school. So I started cutting his hair while yawning myself out. Snip... snip.... snip... I was cutting his hair for an 'airport runaway' look. Snip and...... a big.... OOUUCCHH. Mondok yelled and jumped from the chair. I had snipped his right ear. Some blood dripped down and he ran to the sickbay for help.

I didn't charge Mondok for the service. I gave him a free hair and ear cut that day.

12 comments:

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

whottt???
aiyaaa.....if i were mondok, i sue u bang....kurang rm5,000.00 the hantaran. ouchhh....
so what happened to MOndok after that, kena bwk pi spital ka?

akula said...

Ha, so you are brutal too.

Anonymous said...

apa nama nickname tu..kongsi le ngan kita..hehe..tu baru brutalnye hair cut.

Anonymous said...

So did Mondok end up having half a right ear??

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

Telinga tobek takpa, janji rambut tak tobek...

east43street said...

aphoditekuzz.... he.. he.. hantaran ya. mondok tak gi spital, cuma kena bandage aje. He will remember me whenever ho looks at the mirror.

akula.... haaa, ada yang lagi brutal. Tunggu post lain nanti.

anonymous..... kalau kongsi tak le secret namanya. nama mana??

josh... he still got his whole right, but tobek skit.

dwa.... itu macam bior pape asekan begaye je tu...

bior remus ade tapi telinge tobek sikit tak pe..

UglyButAdorable said...

hahahaaaa..sian mondok..

kalau I mintak free hair cut setahun...nyehh..nyehhh...

The Ceramic Designer said...

hey thanks for visiting my blog.. you can mail me direct at keceramics@gmail.com and I will reveal you my web-address, yes..? I'm still blogging incognito.. ;)

east43street said...

Have been busy for quite sometime. Couldn't post much.

UBA.... tak yah hair cut kot. tengok blog tu asik rambut pendek aje...

sanguine mum.... thank for dropping by. seen your blog, nice one. will do email.

D.N.A.S said...

Once, I cut a junior's hair a bit too short, she almost cried when she saw her reflection in the mirror. Lepas tu dia pegi mengadu ngan pet-sis dia. Then I never cut anybody's hair after that. Serik... serik...

east43street said...

d.n.a.s...... ooooo u pun potong rambut juga ka, nanti boleh join bukak saloon. try to cut your hubby's hair, tengok apa jadi.... he..he..

second generation. said...

hah! mesti mondok tak lupa tu.. biasala kawan-kawan.. benda nak jadi.